Suzanne Phelan, Ph.D.
"Identify, challenge, and test your hypotheses!"
- Suzanne Phelan, Ph. D.
My research is focused on discovering ways to promote long-term successful weight control in diverse populations. A recent focus has been in examining methods to promote successful weight control in the time surrounding pregnancy with the goal of improving both maternal and offspring weight and health outcomes.
- Gestational Diabetes Prevention
- Mealtime for Toddlers
- Weight Watchers Success Survey
- Virtually Healthy
- Oral Health in Kids
- Phelan S, Liu T, Gorin A, Lowe M, Hogan J, Fava J, Wing RR. What distinguishes weight-loss maintainers from the treatment-seeking obese? Analysis of environmental, behavioral, and psychosocial variables in diverse populations. Ann Behav Med. 2009 Oct;38(2):94-104. PubMed PMID: 19847584; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4861315.
- Phelan S, Wing RR, Brannen A, McHugh A, Hagobian TA, Schaffner A, Jelalian E, Hart CN, Scholl TO, Munoz-Christian K, Yin E, Phipps MG, Keadle S, Abrams B. Randomized controlled clinical trial of behavioral lifestyle intervention with partial meal replacement to reduce excessive gestational weight gain. Am J Clin Nutr. 2018 Feb 1;107(2):183-194. PubMed PMID: 29529157.
- Phelan S, Hagobian T, Brannen A, Hatley KE, Schaffner A, Muñoz-Christian K, Tate DF. Effect of an Internet-based program on weight loss for low-income postpartum women: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2017 Jun 20;317(23):2381-2391. PubMed PMID: 28632867; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5815021.
- Phelan S. Windows of opportunity for lifestyle interventions to prevent gestational diabetes mellitus. Am J Perinatol. 2016 Nov;33(13):1291-1299. PubMed PMID: 27487229; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5685171.