Core Methodologies & Activities of CHR Investigators
Nutrient and Metabolite Analysis (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) - Contact Dr. Michael LaFrano
Body Composition (DXA, peapod, bodpod) - Contact Dr. Todd Hagobian
Ethnography and Case Studies - Contact Dr. Collen Carrigan.
Submit your grant through Center for Health Research - IDC Policy
Financials Indirect Cost (IDC) Return Policy
- Through the Grants Development Office grant proposals can be routed through CHR during submission or, for ongoing grants, reassigned to CHR for a subsequent funding cycle. To affiliate a grant with CHR, send an email to your college official in the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and cc the CHR Director; indicate in the email that you would like your grant to be affiliated with CHR.
- On an annual basis, indirect cost revenue from CHR affiliated grants is transferred from the OSP to the CHR Center Account. The OSP sends a distribution summary to PIs that indicates the amount of IDC coming to CHR from each CHR affiliated grant. The amounts from each grant will then be redistributed as follows:
- 20% to the PI(s) professional development account(s)
- 2% to the PI’s home department or college, as directed by the PI
- 3% to Center
- The above percentages are guidelines and can be negotiated at the proposal stage for unique situations. The PI, Center Director, and Department Chair can decide to redirect portions of their IDCs, as desired (e.g., Department can redirect their portion to the Center; PI to the Department, etc.).
- CHR PIs may submit grants that are NOT affiliated with CHR and, in doing so, would receive the university approved rate, which is currently a 15% return to the PI.