Woman & Infant Mobile Health
Mission and vision
Cal Poly Center for Health Research and the NOOR Foundation are partnering to offer Women and Infants Mobile Health (WIMH). Our mission is to provide prenatal and newborn preventive and medical care to uninsured mothers and infants who lack access to care in the California Central Coast. Our vision is a world where all women and infants have access to high-quality medical care and preventive health services.
- Preconception health
- Pregnancy diagnosis and ongoing care
- Women’s annual health exams
- Preventive health services for weight, eating, lifestyle, and activity
- Referrals to partners in a network of medical, social, educational, and other community providers
- Experience fewer pregnancy and delivery complications
- Connect with community resources Achieve healthier weight, eating, & activity habits
- Experience healthier weight at birth and during the first year of life
- Attend recommended pediatric visits
OTHER YOUNG FAMILY MEMBERS
- Engage in hands-on learning & active play with Cal Poly Health Ambassadors
PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH TO IMPROVE MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
- Factors that influence intrauterine health
- Technology to bolster self-regulation skills Modifying infant food preferences
- Reducing distracted feeding
- Improving maternal activity, sleep, and mood
- Optimizing mothers’ and infants’ intestinal microbiota
- Reducing exposure to harmful environmental pollutants
Location and Hours of Operation
- Newlove Neighborhood 1st Sunday of each month 1 - 4 p.m.
- MINAMI Community Center 3rd Sunday of each month 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Los Adobres de Maria II 2nd Monday of each month 2 - 5 p.m.
- Good Samaritan Shelter 1st Wednesday of each month 1 - 4 p.m.
- Edwards Community Center 3rd Wednesday of each month 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Atkinson Park 4th Wednesday of each month 1 - 4 p.m.
- Veterans Hall 3rd or 4th Thursday of each month 6 - 8 p.m.
- Salvation Army - Pending
- Riverview Townhomes 1st and 4th Monday of each month 2 - 5 p.m.
- Little House by the Park 2nd Wednesday of the month 1 - 4 p.m.
- Little House by the Park Last Thursday of each month 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
our partners in care
- Cal Poly and NOOR
- Marian Regional Medical Center Family Practice and Ob/Gyn Residency Program
- Network of nonprofit agencies and community providers